ABOUT DR. WOOLF
Dr. Mark Woolf, also a native Arlington, TX resident, is one of the original founders of AOA Orthopedic Specialists and specializes primarily in hip and knee replacement surgery of patients.
When Dr. Woolf completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Texas at Arlington, he began medical school at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston in 1980. He then made his way back to North Texas for his internship and residency at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth.
While Dr. Woolf has kept proximity to home throughout his medical career, he also actively leads and organizes medical mission work in Guatemala on an annual basis with Faith In Practice.
Aside from his medical career, Dr. Woolf is a family man who enjoys playing golf in his spare time, attending Texas Christian University football games in support of his two sons’ alma mater, and relaxing at home.
- I have been married for 35 years with four grandkids and two grown sons who both graduated from tcu. Both of my sons played on the golf team for tcu. My oldest son jordan is in the commercial real estate business and is the current club champion at the colonial golf course. My younger son Travis is currently pursuing a career in professional golf.
- I lead and organize medical mission work in Guatemala on an annual basis with faith in practice. We help those who cannot afford proper medical procedures by doing hip and knee replacement surgery, or whatever else they might need.
- HIGH SCHOOL: ARLINGTON HIGH SCHOOL (ARLINGTON, TEXAS) 1973
- COLLEGE: UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON (ARLINGTON, TEXAS) 1976
- MEDICAL SCHOOL: UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS MEDICAL BRANCH AT GALVESTON (GALVESTON, TEXAS) 1980 M.D. DEGREE
- INTERNSHIP: JOHN PETER SMITH HOSPITAL (FORT WORTH, TEXAS) 1981
- RESIDENCY: ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY, JOHN PETER SMITH HOSPITAL (FORT WORTH, TEXAS) 1985
- AMERICAN BOARD OF ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY – CERTIFIED 7/1987
- ARLINGTON BONE AND JOINT CLINIC (1987-1996)
- AOA ORTHOPEDIC SPECIALISTS (1996- PRESENT)